Adopt a penguin
Adélie penguins are found at coastal locations along the Antarctic continent, and on a number of Antarctic islands. In the areas most affected by climate change, such as the Antarctic Peninsula where ice conditions are changing, Adelie numbers have declined by 30%.
Penguins are increasingly vulnerable to threats like climate change as they depend on sea ice for krill – their main food source. As parts of the Antarctic and Southern Ocean are warming rapidly, the ice is freezing later and melting sooner. These precious animals desperately need our help.
Your adoption will help WWF to work with governments, industries and individuals to help reduce their greenhouse gas emissions. We encourage them to switch to renewable energy – to help minimise climate change and the warming that threatens animals like the Adélie penguins, their food sources and their habitat.
It's the perfect gift
- with a cuddly toy penguin and special adoption gift pack including an adoption certificate and stunning penguin portrait.
You can choose for this gift pack to be sent directly to the recipient or you can receive it to give to them yourself.
Adopt a penguin and know that you’re helping to give these beautiful and threatened animals a brighter future.
Your gift of adoption could help WWF:
- Conserve Antarctic biodiversity.
- Maintain a healthy environment with undisturbed ecosystems and healthy wildlife populations.
- Raise awareness of the threats of climate change we all face.
- Reduce illegal and unsustainable fishing practices.
- Fund our other essential work in Australia and around the world.
All donations of $2 or more to WWF-Australia are tax deductible. For your convenience we will send you one receipt at the end of the financial year, for the total amount of your tax deductible donations. If your adoption includes a plush toy, the $15 cost for the toy is not tax deductible.
Photo credits: © naturepl.com / Andy Rouse / WWF