Adopt Hector the Green Turtle
Hector is an endangered green turtle from Australia's Great Barrier Reef.
Hector's home is a world of indescribable colour. He glides through the most brilliant, sapphire-blue waters on earth, alive with fish of every fantastic shape and size.
In some parts of the Reef, turtles like Hector are being affected by the fibropapilloma virus, which may cause blindness, immobility, the obstruction of internal organs and death among young green turtles. The virus may be occurring because of pollutants from industry or pesticides washing into the Reef.
Your adoption of Hector the turtle will help WWF to protect marine turtles around Australia.
Plus, it's the perfect gift
- with a cuddly toy turtle and special adoption gift pack including adoption certificate and stunning turtle portrait.
You can choose for this gift pack to be sent directly to the recipient or you can receive it to give to them yourself.
YOUR DONATION WILL BE USED TO:
- Work with Indigenous partners to protect, conserve, monitor and manage endangered marine turtles
- Campaign to increase habitat protection nationally in key turtle feeding and breeding areas
- Work to reduce threats from fishing through habitat protection and gear modification
- Work to ban key pesticides that pose unacceptable risks to marine turtles and other wildlife
All donations of $2 or more to WWF-Australia are tax deductible. For your convenience we will send you one receipt at the end of the financial year, for the total amount of your tax deductible donations. If your adoption includes a plush toy, the $15 cost for the toy is not tax deductible.
Photo credit: naturepl.com / Jordi Chias / WWF-Canon