Adopt a polar bear
The polar bear is the top predator in the Arctic. Big, powerful and yet incredibly vulnerable to threats like climate change. Their home is shrinking. By 2050, polar bear numbers may decline by around 30% due to the rapid loss of sea ice.
Magnificent polar bears depend on sea ice to hunt and raise their young. But climate change is affecting it. As waters warm, the ice is freezing later and melting sooner. These precious animals desperately need our help.
Your adoption will help WWF to work with governments, industries and individuals to help reduce their greenhouse gas emissions. We encourage them to switch to renewable energy – to help minimise climate change and the warming that threatens animals like polar bears, their food sources and their habitat.
It's the perfect gift
- with a cuddly polar bear toy and special adoption gift pack including an adoption certificate and stunning polar bear portrait.
You can choose for this gift pack to be sent directly to the recipient or you can receive it to give to them yourself.
Adopt a polar bear and know that you’re helping to give these beautiful and threatened animals a brighter future.
Your gift of adoption could help WWF:
- Conserve Arctic biodiversity.
- Maintain a healthy environment with undisturbed ecosystems and healthy wildlife populations.
- Raise awareness of the threats of climate change we all face.
- Support ongoing projects with our conservation partners, such as our work to identify important places for species, like the polar bear, in the face of rapid climate change.
- Fund our other essential work in Australia and around the world.
All donations of $2 or more to WWF-Australia are tax deductible. For your convenience we will send you one receipt at the end of the financial year, for the total amount of your tax deductible donations. If your adoption includes a plush toy, the $15 cost for the toy is not tax deductible.
Photo credits: © Robert Van Waarden / WWF © Steve Morello / WWF